Director- Targeted Oncology. GPCR THERAPEUTICS, USA
Join an exciting startup in Redwood City with a novel approach for targeting GPCRs. Located in Redwood City, CA and in S. Korea, GPCR Therapeutics, Inc. http://gpcr.co.kr, is a venture backed startup company developing pharmaceuticals against G Protein-Coupled Receptors (GPCRs) based on cutting-edge technology. The company has discovered specific GPCR heteromers which, when formed, result in enhanced cell signaling. Drugs that target disease-specific heteromers in cancer are under development.
Main Role and Responsibilities for Director of Targeted Oncology
GPCR Therapeutics, USA is now building a foundational R&D team and is looking for a highly motivated and independent experienced Director to join our team. In this key role, you will have a significant impact on driving our portfolio by advancing cancer therapies from discovery to IND-enabling studies. Your activities would include providing strategic guidance on target selection, validation and program prioritization. In this role, you will report to the CSO and be responsible for driving the advancements of our Targeted Oncology programs.
- Be the key leader within the company with expertise in GPCR signaling and function.
- Implement critical new technology for the company that will enhance our portfolio.
- Critically contribute to preclinical strategy, vision, and operation to progress pipeline.
- Review and prioritize portfolio and drive studies to enhance our patent portfolio.
- Lead, facilitate and document project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal functional groups and leadership.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project analyses, identification of critical path activities and areas of resource constraint.
- Oversee project management activities, scenario planning, identify and manage project objectives, work plans, timelines, budgets, providing formal and informal status updates to stakeholders as needed.
- Manage an external collaboration with established Biotechnology companies by reviewing data, prioritize workplan and drive program progression
- Assist in reviewing and prioritizing external Business Development opportunities.
- Interface with Senior Management team on project requirements, status review, and key development decisions.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, curiosity to learn and a self-starter who takes initiative
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Decisive and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can streamline workflow and multitask to contribute to a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to take on new responsibilities as needed
- A team player who can collaborate effectively across multiple functional groups
- Highly tolerant and respectful of all members of a small startup company
Ideal Educational Requirements and Experience:
- PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology, Immunology, or related discipline with > 10 years of relevant experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working with GPCRs is critical
- Knowledge of Oncology and immuno-oncology is essential
- Experience in leading drug discovery teams is required.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of on vivo and in vitro assay design, validation, and application to drug discovery.
- Experience balancing CRO and internal resources to solve problems and drive progress.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work seamlessly with multiple drug discovery teams to deliver high quality research support.
- Demonstrated track record of success in drug discovery as evidenced by contribution to progression of novel development candidates into the clinic, a significant publication record in journals, patents, and presentations.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to manage priorities across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adopt emerging technologies to drug discovery process.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats.
- Must travel to Korea periodically.
- Legally authorized to work in the US
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate of a young startup in Silicon Valley, plus generous stock option allocations and benefits.
Corporate Culture at GPCR Therapeutics, USA
We are a small company that fosters a respectful, friendly, informal, and non-hierarchical work environment. We embrace rigorous and meticulous science with a belief in continuous growth and learning. We strive for excellence in performance and quality of work, and at the same time, we believe in maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, I would be happy to set up a time to speak with you. Please send a copy of your resume to: